Maple w/ Cherry Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toyotaman

toyotaman

I made this yesterday. It's a Maple Slimline with a little Cherry Inlay.It's finished with 8 coats of Med. CA and wet sanded to 12000 MM.

Attachments

• Maple and Cherry pen 006.JPG
    Maple and Cherry pen 006.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 360
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

Your work "elevates" a Slimline design quite nicely. Well done. .............Jan

eranox

Looks slick! I'm also curious about the grip lines. Are they wide burn lines, enamel, or some sort of inlay? I like them. They provide a good contrast without taking from the overall look of the pen.

jttheclockman

Looks great Nice and simple yet elegant. I do not know though. I am one of those symatry people. I think I would have liked it more if it had the same design on the top of the pen. If this was a 2 piece pen then maybe it would flow better but being a one piece and you always see the entire pen at all times. Just an opinion. :)

BSea

What I really like is that you took 2 woods that by themselves aren't all that exciting for a pen. (at least not around here) And you made a very interesting pen that most of us who like slimlines would be proud to have. How did you make those black lines? are they burn lines? They don't really look like it to me.

toyotaman

Is that a cherry inlay or segment? Also, what is the black?

I guess it could be segmented. The blank was cut into and the Cherry was added. The Black lines are grooves I cut into the wood and burned in to provide a grip. I think it adds a nice touch.

Sataro

Great looking slimline! A little segmenting can change the whole appearrance of a slimline.

fernhills

Very nice pen. I like to see a not so abrupt change in dia at the center band area. I think it would look more pleasing. But that is just me. Carl

Top Bottom