Maple Purpleheart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

Well go ahead and say it: He's addicted, hook, line and sinker but LOML encourages me so I guess it is ok.
This is my first attempt at a 2 tone I guess or custom center band, not sure. I used Purpleheart for the center band and some Figured Maple for the rest, all those cutoff ends are going to come in handy now. Sort of wish I had some wire burners for the center band but they are my next purchase. I have more ideas now of what to do with slimline kits since I found this was easy to do. As always all comments are welcome and you all have a great day.

Attachments

• MaplePurpleheartsm.jpg
    MaplePurpleheartsm.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Archerpens

I love it! I want to try something like that- since turning slimlines the standard size is a little mind-numbing. The price is right on lots of the slimline kits, though! I'm going to copy You, and I hope You don't mind!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Jerry,

Promise not to tell anyone this secret. Cut your "lines" as you did, and then use an extra fine Sharpie to color them black. Finish and polish and they look just like burn lines.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I'll add my "secret" to Cavs.. You've already got the cut lines. I then actually burn them, but I found that instead of wires, I use veneer or any other thin wood. I have some maple veneer that works wonders. I find it burns nicely and is much easier to control than wires.

I also have used formica type samples, but I like veneer scraps better.

Last edited:

Seer

Great ideas thanks and I will definetly try as for copying mine I did the same idea so go for it.
Likewise I am tired of the normal slimline after about 30 pens so different is good.

tseger

One more idea on the burning wires. I get used guitar strings from my local music store. They are just thrown in the trash when replaced. Plus you get an entire set and you have several line thicknesses.

Top Bottom