slim line
like the way the knot color flows

Attachments

• 563191_10151440169793905_1700930624_n.jpg
    563191_10151440169793905_1700930624_n.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rizaydog

I'd have to agree. Experimenting with shape is great. However, this one looks a little chunky. My guess would be you really liked the wood and wanted to preserve as much as possible??? It might look better with smoother lines. Just my opinion and I am only trying to help you out.

jaeger

David,
The lower section is kind of wide although some people with arthritis and had injuries sometimes like this size of a pen for writing.
One thing I will mention, and maybe you already know this, but the slimline
"comfort style" as one example has a solid color clip that has a bit of a wider curve that gives you more options for turning more wide on the upper barrel. The slimline that you are using (the clip with the black line) dictates a pretty straight upper barrel instead of a contour top. One other nice thing about the comfort or funline series is the kit is inexpensive and you have many colors and finish like satin that compliment many materials that you may turn.
I see that you are using a piece of "found" wood. One thing you should try maybe is an old cutting board. I find these at thrift stores, flea markets and yard sales all the time and usually for just a song. They are fun to "play" with and some of the satin finish on the kits look pretty good. I had one that I made using a satin gold and some funky contours just for fun and I had more uhs and ahs one that pen. Everybody picked it up and looked at it so I finally did only the proper thing....I sold it!!!
Keep up the good work, If I can help with anything, send me a pm.

Top Bottom