Maple burl stabilized with epoxy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
This is a maple burl cigar where I stabilized the wood with epoxy in my pressure pot. It has a prickly pear cactus center accent band and is finished with CA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rpasto92

Originally posted by MesquiteMan
<br />This is a maple burl cigar where I stabilized the wood with epoxy in my pressure pot. It has a prickly pear cactus center accent band and is finished with CA.

I like everything about it but the accent band. Maybe a customer would never think about it but to me it kind of looks like you screwed up the length and try to fix it by adding the band. I'm thinking if you put another accent band on the lower barell or a second one at the other end of the top, to balance it out, it would look more like an intentional design feature rather than a fix. Just my opinion though and I'm guessing I'll take some heat for saying so.

GBusardo

Originally posted by rpasto92
<br />
Originally posted by MesquiteMan
<br />

Maybe a customer would never think about it but to me it kind of looks like you screwed up the length and try to fix it by adding the band.

LOL A customer would never think that it was a fix. Woodworkers in general see things that no ordinary person would even think about. [:)]
Pen looks great to me!
Gary

gerryr

Very nice looking pen. To me, it might look better with an accent band on both barrels or two on the upper barrel. But it looks great just the way it is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom