Maple Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
This was a piece of maple burl that I got from BB as a bottle stopper blank... it was just too nice for that so I cut it into blanks for Barons... here is ONE</u> pen in three views...
Sanded to 12000MM and finished with Enduro... still getting the knack of the enduro but liking it more and more..

2005826122111_MapleBurlBaron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

As always, a beauty.

That looks very red for maple. I love that color.

Sounds like Enduro will be in line for my future testing too LOL.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Dario
<br />As always, a beauty.

That looks very red for maple. I love that color.

Sounds like Enduro will be in line for my future testing too LOL.

The piece was a stabilized maple burl block that I cut.. that might account for the color shift... stabilization sometimes causes a difference in color...

wayneis

Tom it looks like you are getting the hang of it to me. One thing that I have been doing you may try is to fold the paper towel so that it is fairly stiff and hold it under the rotating blank as you drip the Enduro or sanding sealer from the top. It seems to level off better and you don't waist of much. If you have a rough surface just run the pad back and forth a couple times to smooth it out. I have been getting much smoother results, in fact I have a couple that I did that I didn't even have to sand with MM after it dried, I didn't touch it and its beautiful.

Wayne

Ron Mc

Griz,
Great looking pen! I love working with stabilized burls because you never know what you will find inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom