Manzanita and Senior Moment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

I am having a senior moment about this wood. . Somebody sent me some manzanita wood some time ago along with some other kinds and I can't remember who it was or if it was on this site or another one . I have only received this type of wood from one person so hopefully he/she will see this one so I can say thank you for it once again .
I finally got around to cutting some pen blanks out of the larger piece and this was my first experience with manzanita. . It sure is a pretty colored wood even though there is not a lot of grain figure in this particular piece .

It is finished with lacquer and I thought the chrome hardware would look best on this particular wood rather than gold .

Now , if only photography was as easy to do as making pens . . . . . . but I am improving with age (senior moments and all) LOL
W.Y.
337340591.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

td

Banned
I've cut up and turned manzanita root before. The colors range from light - through pink and into that deep mangoy brown. Awesome wood, beautiful pen.

W.Y.

Thank you for all the kind remarks ..
I like CA finishing and use it quite often when I am in a hurry but every time I try lacquer like is used on this one I like it better because I always get an extra degree of gloss on it and I have proven over the years that it is an extremely durable finish.

W.Y.

fyrcaptn

manzanita

Good looking pen. That is a great color

not had any manzanita in years to work with
Last I had my son (now 26) was in cub scouts. A friend gave me the 'scrap' left from a bowl he cut out. Made some fun things with it. Helped my son make a neckerchief slide out of it. He still has it, and it still looks fantastic. Shame its not more available around here.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I love manzanita wood. It has such a wonderful range of rich color. You did that piece justice. It's a beauty.

Top Bottom