Manzanita / Chrome Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is From a stick of Manzanita that John (desertrat) gave me to play with, it was small enough to be able to get some sap wood to stay on it after turning. It has a CA/BLO finish sanded to 1500 then plastix polished. The kit is a Chrome Apprentice Jr Gent 1 from CSUAS, I had an extra black accent band and decided to put it on the top of the cap to see what it looks like. I don't think it turned out to bad, it may have been better if I had the chrome ring to go with it. The wood it self turns very easy and has some really stunning grain. :)
Any comments welcome, Thanks for looking. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Mansinita Jr Gent 001_2_3_tonemapped.jpg
    Mansinita Jr Gent 001_2_3_tonemapped.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Mansinita Jr Gent 008_7_6_tonemapped.jpg
    Mansinita Jr Gent 008_7_6_tonemapped.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Mansinita Jr Gent 009_10_11_tonemapped.jpg
    Mansinita Jr Gent 009_10_11_tonemapped.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MatthewZS

That must be a manzanita branch? I've worked with the root and it's a very red wood, lots of birdseyes. But the branch I got once was a dull brown wood, never tried again. I may have to give it a second chance.

Oh, and very nice pen, I like that alot!

maxman400

That must be a manzanita branch? I've worked with the root and it's a very red wood, lots of birdseyes. But the branch I got once was a dull brown wood, never tried again. I may have to give it a second chance.

Oh, and very nice pen, I like that alot!
Thank You!, it was a branch, in the sap wood you can see in the grain lines where another branch was, both top and bottom is crotch wood. :)

We have a lot of Manzanita around here and I have been looking at it thinking "Hmmm, how would that look turned down?". I'll have to grab some and get going.

Great looking pen.

Top Bottom