Many Thanks Jjartwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

i have not made too many pen posts here but i do scrounge around a bit, my home is more on the aussie forum

the thread ACME ROCKET-ZEN caught my attention and sparked some enthusiasm, thanks Mark

i have made a number of these styles of blanks and here is the latest variety of designs

let me know which is your favorite

the color in the photos is a bit off, i am working on my photography skills, one day i may get there

all comments welcome

all the best

MIK

Attachments

• DSCN4017edt.JPG
    DSCN4017edt.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCN4019edt.JPG
    DSCN4019edt.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCN4021edt.JPG
    DSCN4021edt.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCN4022edt.JPG
    DSCN4022edt.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN4024edt.JPG
    DSCN4024edt.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN4026edt.JPG
    DSCN4026edt.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Mik,
You have set quite a task to pick a favourite.
They are all great, but if I have to choose, well I can't pick one,
but it is out of 8, 12, 19, & 20.
That is an impressive display of Pens.
Congratulations,
Brian

MIKL

Mik,
You have set quite a task to pick a favourite.
They are all great, but if I have to choose, well I can't pick one,
but it is out of 8, 12, 19, & 20.
That is an impressive display of Pens.
Congratulations,
Brian

thanks mate, i tried to pick one that i like best and it just wasn't possible they all have some character of their own

i have better photos on Photobucket now, if you wish to see the better pickies then just click on the photo below

all the best

MIK

MIKL

I really like those that you segmented with. I have not seen that done at least I don't remember seeing it. Very nice on all of them...

thanks Mike, i like all your segmenting, i have played a bit recently but got this bug and can't stop, if you were talking about the photo below, the first pen is Queensland Blackwood with icypole,stiring stick for the seperations and the second is Mango Root with Queensland Blackwood trims, the mango tree stump was ginormous that it came from check this out MANGO STUMP

I'm a fan of #18. The single color works really well with the hardware.
i carry one very similar at work now, only its a cigar and has a very small amount of copper on each end

thanks for the feedback guys

MIK

CrimsonKeel

I really like those that you segmented with. I have not seen that done at least I don't remember seeing it. Very nice on all of them...

thanks Mike, i like all your segmenting, i have played a bit recently but got this bug and can't stop, if you were talking about the photo below, the first pen is Queensland Blackwood with icypole,stiring stick for the seperations and the second is Mango Root with Queensland Blackwood trims, the mango tree stump was ginormous that it came from check this out MANGO STUMP

I'm a fan of #18. The single color works really well with the hardware.
i carry one very similar at work now, only its a cigar and has a very small amount of copper on each end

thanks for the feedback guys

MIK
cant see the stump unless icreate account. (that irritates me)
Ill make one later to check it out.

Your pens are nice. looks like an easy way to create lots of style

Jjartwood

The Acme Rocket pen was only a start that YOU and Others have moved forward,
I think that your work shows a great eye for the style and enjoyment of execution.
But I must say that the best one by far is the round one.
Very nice work.
Mark

MIKL

The third pen in the 1 photo is my favorite. It has that wonderful scrappy look, but totally awesome! I would love to own that.

thanks mate

The Acme Rocket pen was only a start that YOU and Others have moved forward,
I think that your work shows a great eye for the style and enjoyment of execution.
But I must say that the best one by far is the round one.
Very nice work.
Mark

thanks mate for the spark, without that ACME ROCKET (not to mention the story about the coyote) i would not have gone looking to make anything like this

all the best

MIK

reddwil

There is no limit with what you can come up with in making these pens. I find myself seeing metal objects, pipes, tanks, armor, you name it and trying to recreate it. Marks work was a true inspiration. Plus he's a great teacher. Have Fun

Great pens by the way. Like'm all

MIKL

There is no limit with what you can come up with in making these pens. I find myself seeing metal objects, pipes, tanks, armor, you name it and trying to recreate it. Marks work was a true inspiration. Plus he's a great teacher. Have Fun

Great pens by the way. Like'm all

thanks mate

i like the watch gears you have included in yours, that's on the agenda for me just have to get a shaped plate for bending them, some are sooooo hard and yet others you look at and they buckle, all in good time

i had another bright idea last night, blank is made, hopefully i will get to cast it this week and turn on Sunday, that's the plan until the Minister for WAR and Finance steps in:eek: with other ideas

all the best

MIK

Top Bottom