Manu Propria - Tame-Raden-Nuri

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

Today I have finished two "Kiseru" pens with a "tame-raden-nuri". Tame refers to a final layer of transparent "sakari-urushi" which is applied on the polished mother of pearl inlay. Through the honey colored urushi, the abalone mother of pearl fragments turn from boe and green to purple, red, orange and yellow. It is almost impossible to capture the reflexes on a photograph.

Best regards,

Martin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 297
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 357
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 281
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 274
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

This is tied for first among my favorites of yours. That finish and mother of pearl really gives a nice subtle stained glass effect. Amazing work Martin. Glad you are doing so well with an old tradition.

manupropria

Thank you very much. It should also be mentioned, that urushi gets brighter and more transparent with the years. In a few years also deeper lying abalone parts will become visible

TonyL

Magnificent. All of your pens are really in a class by themselves. If my camera saw your pens, it would refuse to photograph mine!

As your pens age, they improve. As mine age, they get old :).

Keep sharing the pics!

MikeL

I can't really say more than others have said nor more than what I have said on your other pens. All worthy of accolades but I have run out of adjectives to use on your pens. Just another great pen.

SteveG

Thank you very much. It should also be mentioned, that urushi gets brighter and more transparent with the years. In a few years also deeper lying abalone parts will become visible

So now, with this new (to me) understanding, I realize that your urushi pens have a fourth dimension...time!! Even more amazing than my limited knowledge allowed for before. Wonderful, in the fullest sense of the word.

Skie_M

Ahhhh, utskushinasai, Manu-sempai - Chigaiyo! Manu-sensei!

Yoroshiku ongaishimasu, Manu-sensei!

And for those of us who can't read englicised japanese:

Ahhh, how beautiful, Manu (respected elder student). No, that's not right! Manu Teacher!

Please place me under your care (student asking a teacher for learning), Manu Teacher!

Jim Smith

I have to say, out of all the really beautiful pens I've seen posted here from all the extremely talented artists, I believe that you pen is the most beautiful I have ever seen. The fit and finish is amazing and the colors are gorgeous and the gold accents sets if all off to make is an amazingly beautiful and VERY classy pen. WOW!

Jim Smith

Top Bottom