Manu Propria Pens - Urushi no Sukoshi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

The majority of fountain pen lovers are not familiar with urushi respectively have never heard about urushi.
Since a while I am thinking around about a pen project for these people for a resonable price. The product might be a basic ebonite pen with "fuki urushi" finish and one section with "kawari-nuri" experimental lacquer. More sections can be ordered later on for example as a Christmas or a birthday gift or just for one's pleasure. Manu Propria offers today around 100 different "kawari-nuri" lacquers of which customers can chose.
I am still thinking about a good name of this project. "urushi no sukoshi" a little bit urushi or "urushi no hajimete" first time urushi.

Cheers,

Martin

Attachments

• _MG_6972.jpg
    _MG_6972.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 205
  • _MG_6973.jpg
    _MG_6973.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 220
  • _MG_6975.jpg
    _MG_6975.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jontello

Love the idea. I would be one of those people you are trying to reach. let me think about the name and I will get back to you but I love the pen. Would you sell this pen with a steel nib to make it more affordable? I think that would be good.

stuckinohio

That's a great idea! I drool over these pens every time you post as well as go to your website to see all the shapes and artwork.

I think you're on to something. People love to accessorize, that's for sure!

Lewis

leehljp

Member Liaison
I like both, but "sukoshi" has a "little" better sound to it.

I had a young man come to work with me in the Osaka/Kobe area in the late '90s. After he picked up about 6 months of the language, he went to get a hair trim for his long hair. He said "sukoshi kite kudasai" and what was left of his hair after the cut was "sukoshi,"or just about 6mm!:biggrin:

manupropria

Thank you for your inputs. Advised by a Japanese friend I shall call it "Hajimete no Urushi".
I am thinking about to make it a so called "Atelier Product" only available directly from the atelier with a price of around CHF/$ 580.-, but still not sure

leehljp

Member Liaison
"Hajimete no urushi" sounds great. I got so disoriented with the language when I moved from Tokyo (after 5 years there) to Osaka. It was not the dialect change so much as the grammatical changes! For that reason, I don't generally comment on grammaticals as I know it might be different in different regions.

"------- no Hajimete" was not the expression I had heard, but "hajimete no -----" was the norm for what I heard and used. But as I said, different regions had their own peculiarities, and for a foreigner (me), it got confusing at times. On technical talks, I usually consulted the experts - a Japanese friend or two. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom