Manu Propria Pens - Tsuba and Nakago Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

For those that are familiar with Japanese swords and fittings
On this kiseru pen I tried to imitate an iron "tsuba" and a "nakago" tanto tang. The Tsuba a "sukashi" cut out. With "tagane ato", copper "sekigane" and "kozuka hitsu ana" with copper correction. The "nakago" tang of a "tanto" dagger with "yasuri-me" file marks, "mei" signature, two "mekugi-ana" tang holes. When there are more than one hole in the tang the blade has been shortened. One tang hole only is called "ubu". All elements are achieved with urushi and various metal powders

Cheers,

Martin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 169

SteveG

Martin, I am curious...just how much time do you spend in research, getting yourself ready to roll out you next extraordinary pen creation. There is obviously a substantial background of history or other information built into so many of the delightful pens you produce!
Great work, once again.

manupropria

Thank you Steve,
I am involved in Japanese swords and fittings for at least 30 years. So one comes to the other. I am not really researching for a new product I am unconsciously doing what I like to do, no commercial thoughts about

OZturner

Martin,
You have provided us with yet another Magnificent Creation.

Your Extensive Scholarship and Experience, is Expressed so Perfectly in your Amazing Pens.

The Created Patina and Ageing, with the Detailed Structure used is Incredible.

The Concept of the Pen Being the Sword, with the majority of it's length Encased in a Spectacular Scabbard, is Inspiring.

When you add the above to your Demonstration of such Masterly Skill and Craftsmanship it is Truly Unique,
You are in a Class of Your Own.

Congratulations, Appreciation and Admiration.
Brian.

Top Bottom