Manu Propria Pens - "tame-usu-nashiji"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

Finished another "Futô-Miyabi" pen with a new urushi finish called "tame-usu-nashiji". Large "hirame" gold flakes are sprinkled into wet lacquer. Tame refers to many layers of transparent lacquer that is applied over the polished hirame layer. With the time urushi gets more transparent and so the sparkling effect of the polished hirame flakes will become more intensive.

Best regards,

Martin

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 195
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jontello

I absolutely love your pens. Someday I hope to own one of your pens. Maybe the next time I am near you I will have to visit your studio. I would love to see your process.

Charlie_W

Martin, thanks for the insight into such an incredible finish!
I could tell this was a process of patience and not a quick finish to your marvelous pens.
Your dedication to quality and keeping this finishing method in the hands of people is to be commended!
Thank you for sharing your pens with us! I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Jontello

Moving to Italy later this year so maybe at some point can train it up to Bern to check out your atielier. Thanks for the link of info to your business. I love watches and pens! Best of both worlds.

Top Bottom