Manu Propria Pens - Negoro-Ji Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

Traveling is inspiring and my short trip to Japan was definitely. In Tokyo I had some meetigs with the owner and staff of Ito-Ya Ginza to discuss developments and strategies for 2017. We agreed to focus the communication and display around Manu Propria Pens on only ONE theme - NEORO. Around the end of March I will provide Ito-Ya with a full set of NEGORO Showcase design and an extended collection of NEGORO fountain pens. This is one out of four experimental NEGORO "Kiseru Style" pens that picke up some design aspects of tea containers. I also wanted to awake some feelings of a Buddhist temple. The cap is 25 mm in diameter and 150 mm long

Have a great week,

Martin

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Another totally gorgeous pen, Martin !!!!!

I assume you cut the grooves on a milling machine. . But then how did you round the grooves over at the ends ?

Last edited:

OZturner

Martin, Firstly Congratulations, on a Highly Successful Trip to Tokyo.
We often use the Expression, "Of Taking Coal To Newcastle", to reflect "an Impossible Dream or Ambition", and that surely applies to your Fantastic Business in Japan, with your Superb Japanese Style Pens.

To the Pen at Hand, (that is if it would fit my hand).
Wow! that size of the Cap, is Incredible at 25mm, (close enough to 1") and a Very Impressive Length of 150mm (close enough to 6").
I love the way the Cap, almost Encapsulates the Pen, and that when it is removed, it Reveals a Beautiful and Moderate Sized Fountain Pen. - Absolutely Magnificent.

The Beautiful Grooves, on the Cap, and the Closed End, together with the Grooves of the Body of the Pen, and around the Closed End are Brilliant.

The Subtle inclusion of a Small Gold Ring on the Open Portion of the Cap, is Perfect, it is Beautifully Understated, which is Just Right for this Design.

Your Colour Choice of the Red with a Slight Appearance of Black, Signifies it's Contentment in being Modest.
It doesn't need to be Gaudy to Gain Attention.

As you have Probably Gathered, I am "Over The Moon" with what you have Worthily Achieved.

Congratulations, doesn't sound Significant Enough, BRAVO MARTIN.

Regards,
Brian.

manupropria

Thank you very much for your extended flattering...

However, I have made an compiled Essay on NEGORO Lacquer that might be interesting for one or another.
It might help to better understand the deep valued of this specific lacquer

And some images how the NEGORO pens will be displayed in the show case

Attachments

• Negoro.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

OZturner

Thank you very much for your extended flattering...

However, I have made an compiled Essay on NEGORO Lacquer that might be interesting for one or another.
It might help to better understand the deep valued of this specific lacquer

And some images how the NEGORO pens will be displayed in the show case

Martin, Thank you for Posting your Essay.
I found it Enlightening, and Educational. I am sure it will be well read and enjoyed by many IAP Members.
Brian.

MikeL

Your pens are fantastic. It appears your talents and dedication to the art is going to make you very successful. Congratulations!

Top Bottom