Manu Propria Pens - Katatsumuri Negoro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

Another finished pen with a I call it "katatsumuri negoro-nuri. Under the red lacquer coat three stylized "katatsumuri" snails are painted with black urushi which appeared after grinding and polishing.

There is a famous Japanese theater play called Kagyû (The Snail): the servant Tarokaja has been sent out to find snails for his master (a rare delicacy) but he has never seen or heard of them before so he inquires about them from the first stranger he runs into. This stranger turns out to be an unscrupulous yamabushi who manages to convince Tarokaja that the yamabushi is himself "the mother of all snails." In this photograph, the yamabushi laughs uproariously at the success of his joke.

Cheers,

Martin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Your exquisite writing instruments stand on their own as very desirable items among those who appreciate custom pens. They are already at another level. But then you supply the background story, or explanation, and these pens find their way to even another level! Way to go, Martin! :) :good::good:

OZturner

In trying to keep Original and Creative in my Comments on your Magnificent and Brilliant Pens, I am in need of a New Thesaurus.
I am having Great Difficulty, in finding Words, Adequate to Apply to your Fantastic Pens.

I envy you, in so much as you have an Outstanding Knowledge of the Japanese Culture, which has such Depth of Subjects and Techniques to draw upon.
And you have the Aptitude, Skill and Talent, to apply these to Create Your Pens.

Your Profile, is Beautiful, the Proportions Perfect, the Dimensions Glorious, the Finish Incredible, the Subject Fantastic, and the Explanation Simple and Enjoyable.

All Aspects are Absolute Perfection, and In Complete Harmony.

Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom