Manhattan in Tru-Stone Larimar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ted iin Michigan

After I noticed it in the catalog, I saw a couple threads about the new Manhattan pen from CSUSA . So I thought it was time to try a couple. Here's the first. I dressed it up a bit in a Tru-Stone Larimar blank - 'cause it's for my wife (and LOML always gets the best).

I agree that it's a real straight forward pen to turn and assemble. Fit & finish of the components is good. The click mechanism is positive (but I do prefer the smoother style click found on the PSI Vertex, for example). Nice balance. My wife swooned and then said it fit her hand very well. I like very much that it uses a Parker-style refill. That way you can switch between ball point and gel and refills are everywhere.

I do share the concern about the clip but I'm not going to condemn it until it proves to be fragile.

Side note: This is my second Tru-Stone. I've heard that they can be tough to turn so I sharpened up and rounded the corners on the belt sander just before turning. No problems. This was the Larimar one. Exotic Blanks gives a rating on each Tru-Stone as to its difficulty and they rate it "easy". I agree.

Attachments

• Manhattan - Tru stone Larimar 2.jpg
    Manhattan - Tru stone Larimar 2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 204

Dutra

Nice job! I would like to try out the Manhatten kit as well,

Top Bottom