Manhattan Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mwhatch

mwhatch

I made this from a CSUSA kit with a blank from Woodcraft. I have been toying with an idea ever since I started turning pens. I have wondered if anyone uses a craft cutter to personalize or add some type of embelishment to their pens. I finally broke down and bought one. The name on this pen was cut from adhesive vinyl. The same type used by sign makers, crafters, hobbyists, etc. After finishing the blank, I applied the vinyl, then added 8 coats of medium CA. Sanded and polished. I have also been working on applying the vinyl right to the painted tubes, then casting in PR. So far the results look real promising.

Thanks for looking

Morton

Attachments

• DSCI0113.jpg
    DSCI0113.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 242
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

I tried to cast vinyl once, but the heat from the curing made the decal curl. I was using PR. May want to go easy on the mekp. Pen looks great btw. Hope this helps.

Dave

Rodnall

Do you see any shadow from the edge of the decal? I just did a pen with a clear label and you could see a shadow in the right light on one end.

johncrane

Very nice looking pen Morton l also like the blank and size of the name,well done. l just finish making my first Manhattan click too, the click mechanism feels good and the 5inch length feels good in the hand,nice kit all round.another thing l made for the kit was a push rod to remove the clicker end if needed down the track, l drilled a 7.5m hole 9.0m deep into a aluminum rod that slides thru the tube, this clears the plastic bit in the end of the clicker.

mwhatch

johncrane, that is some good information. I had to remove the nib and was wondering how I would do the click end if needed. Thanks for the comments.

Morton

Top Bottom