Mangrove Cedar Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

Very difficult to photograph the subtle figure and shimmer this timber has, so it does look better in the hand as you turn it in the light.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_6641.jpg
    DSC_6641.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC_6644.jpg
    DSC_6644.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC_6650.jpg
    DSC_6650.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 353
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

That's a sharp looking pen. I like the first photo best in terms of composition, lighting of the metal parts, and visibility of the wood grain. I like the fourth photo best for it's perspective and showing the finish.

Regards,
Eric

Ironwood

Very nice pen. I like the 2nd pictures.
Thanks Jim. Is it the 2nd picture in post #2 that you like, the one with LED lighting ? I guess I should have numbered each photo.

Looks like a nice, natural finish. How was it finished please?
Thanks Tony. The finish is BSI Super Gold Thin CA. 5 or 6 coats to get the thickness I need. Its high gloss, the diffused LED lighting doesn't show the gloss very well.

Beautiful Pen. 2'nd pictures are nicer IMO.
Thanks Mark. Is that the 2nd picture in post #2 ?

Good looking pen, love the finish ...
Thanks Mate, glad you like it .

That's a sharp looking pen. I like the first photo best in terms of composition, lighting of the metal parts, and visibility of the wood grain. I like the fourth photo best for it's perspective and showing the finish.

Regards,
Eric
Thanks for your insight Eric. As I said to Tony, the diffused lighting I use doesn't show the finish very well, but I can control the highlights on the metal better. I like that first photo as well.

Jim15

Thanks Jim. Is it the 2nd picture in post #2 that you like, the one with LED lighting ? I guess I should have numbered each photo.

I like the outside one. I like to see the shine of the finish.

Top Bottom