Mango Tango....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rapost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapost

Now that the Christmas packages are at the Post Office and all I have left to turn are a salt and pepper mill set and a few pens and .....yikes!!

A while back someone asked about Mango....I was lucky enough to get some of Big Rob's mango and this is what I turned it into...a Black Titanium cigar.....

20061219223743_Pen-58a.jpg

another angle....

20061219223821_Pen-58c.jpg

Well, back to the shop.....I hear my lathe calling!![:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rapost

This wood was from Big Rob's "Hawaiian Wood" package.....so, if he doesn't say "Hawaii, then he has some explaining to do! [:D]

Skye

That's a strange wood. It's not something I would bother turning if I saw it sitting in a box, even on the pen I dont see anything that jumps out at me as making the blank nice. No real color changes, burl or spalt, but turned, there's something oddly attractive about it. Reminds me of when you just start to stir the creme into your coffee.

jjenk02

Originally posted by Skye
<br />That's a strange wood. It's not something I would bother turning if I saw it sitting in a box, even on the pen I dont see anything that jumps out at me as making the blank nice. No real color changes, burl or spalt, but turned, there's something oddly attractive about it. Reminds me of when you just start to stir the creme into your coffee.

Cream in coffee? Thats sacriledge (sp)[:D]

Skye

Tons of cream and so much sugar you have a sugar sludge in the bottom of the cup when it's through. [:p]

Rick,
This little paragraph is from the Texas A&M University horticulture web site..

Mango is regarded as the queen of fruits in tropical areas of the world. Prior to the severe freezes of the 1980s, numerous mango trees were in production in yards across the lower Rio Grande Valley, including a small orchard near Mercedes. Grown for its large, colorful and delicious fruit, the medium to large evergreen mango tree is also attractive in the home landscape. Its rounded canopy may be low and dense to upright and open, with dark green foliage that is long and narrow.
Unquote.

'Course the Mango tree originated in India & Indonesia and has been transplanted all over the world.. Lots of them in Mexico.

Just thought you might me interested.

BTW, that is a nice pen, no matter where the wood came from.. Pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom