Mango flavored Cigar Slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

377101_263506607042745_100001502242963_712043_1444129299_n.jpg

388228_263506667042739_100001502242963_712044_1456194889_n.jpg

This one is for the guy that got my first Cigar Slim. That one wound up with a buttload of problems, mainly part of the label breaking off from air being under it. Acid brand labels are NOT SUITABLE for these projects. I fixed the other issues with fit and function, but I figured I'd be happier letting him keep the prototype and getting him one done RIGHT if he's gonna pay me for it. I added a clip per his request in order to make it easy to carry. Hopefully there won't be any more problems with it for him. The label was easy to work because it's a simple shape on thin paper. Got it covered and done a lot faster. An hour or so start to finish, maybe more. Thick CA passed back and forth directly on top of the label sped things up a LOT. Managed to get a good base by sanding it with 400 grit after a lot was built up. The rest was pretty easy after that, sadly I had some floaters in the CA near the label for some reason.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Nice learnings in that paragraph, but still one unanswered question.....

mango flavored?? :)

I guess. It's mango wood as far as I know. Probably tasted a little like mango before I added 40 or so layers of CA. Smelled pleasant enough.

It sure LOOKS like mango to me... I just have never actually decided to taste the stuff to see if it tastes like mangos.:biggrin:

ToddMR

Good job on the pen. That was a nice piece of wood to use for that specific style too. I think it looks really good. And OMG that's a lot of CA. hehe

Drstrangefart

When you going to toss the clip and close that end?

Nice CA finish on this one!!!

Scott (it's a good un) B

This is the first one I did with a clip, and that was because this is intended to be carried daily. When taxes come in I plan on investing in closed end parts and stuff to do fountain pens. Besides, at least I found a way to do these for a total cost of about $5 with stuff I apready had. That's gotta count for something.

Drstrangefart

Good job on the pen. That was a nice piece of wood to use for that specific style too. I think it looks really good. And OMG that's a lot of CA. hehe

Yeah, it's a lot of coats. Between the thinner paper, and doing about 5 or 6 coats of thick directly on top of tha label when I started, I was able to move it along with fewer headaches and less time.

SDB777

Scott (it's a good un) B

This is the first one I did with a clip, and that was because this is intended to be carried daily. When taxes come in I plan on investing in closed end parts and stuff to do fountain pens. Besides, at least I found a way to do these for a total cost of about $5 with stuff I apready had. That's gotta count for something.

Whoa....$5 counts for a LOT!!
And the practice your getting on the stoogies....thumbs up!

Will the clip take the exact 'strain' from use since it's already being pulled out so much?

Scott (hope so) B

Drstrangefart

Scott (it's a good un) B

Whoa....$5 counts for a LOT!!
And the practice your getting on the stoogies....thumbs up!

Will the clip take the exact 'strain' from use since it's already being pulled out so much?

Scott (hope so) B

I'm thinking the clip will hold up, I've had the Fancy Slim clips take LOTS of abuse being carried at work and haven't run into major issues so far. This guy is in school to become a barber and this one SHOULD be well cared for during its lifetime.

Top Bottom