Malee Father Sing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nilsatcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilsatcraft

I haven't posted a new pen for a while so I thought I'd put this one up that I did yesterday. It's the Platinum Father Sing made from Mallee Burl (from Australia). The little insert is Nigerian Ebony and Maple. It's sanded to 600 using Finkat Sandpaper then finished with Gloss Masters Magic Spray Lacquer (two heavy coats). I'm not up for any photography awards on this one, I know. I shot this at about midnight last night and I didn't feel like setting up lighting or anything. Feel free to critique it. I like the way it turned out, though, and my little boy and I had fun making it.

2005516133931_Father%20Sing2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful work, including the tasteful glue-up. That kit doesn't get the credit it deserves. Dick is visiting our area in July and I can't wait to see him in action.

nilsatcraft

Thanks everyone- my boy is two and he's always saying, "Daddy, turn in shed?". He loves to sit out there on the bench and play with pen blanks and other blocks of wood and pretend he's turning. Occasionally I put the safety glasses on him and let him hold onto the spindle gouge with me and turn when I know there is no danger involved. I love hanging out with him and he loves our time in the shed. It's a lot of fun.

boxguy

Nils nice pen I like the angled lam work. nice to hear about your boy enjoying the shop. I am a full time single dad of my 4 year old son and he has helped me drill balnks and we made him a Harry Poter wand tougher.

Great pen and kudos on letting your 2yo help. Remember in all of this addiction that it only becomes WORK when it is no longer fun. Same goes for sports and etc.

melogic

Great job Nils! Love the inlay. My daughter is 14 and she loves to tell people she turns her own pens and pencils. When my wife is out turning with us, we make it a family affair. Great Job! [^]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom