Malachite on Cambridge Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this morning. It's a Malachite True-Stone on a Cambridge Woodcraft Gold with Sterling Silver Accents Fountain Pen. Started with 150 down to 600 grit paper, followed by MM, wet, from 1200 to 12000 grit and finished with HUT plastic polish and Ren Wax. Thank you for taking the time to look. I hope everyone has a great week. Doc:)

Attachments

• Malachite on Cambridge Fountain Pen.jpg
    Malachite on Cambridge Fountain Pen.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 531
  • Malachite on Cambridge Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    Malachite on Cambridge Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 317
  • Malachite on Cambridge Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    Malachite on Cambridge Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Hans, Thank you very much ! I now have two pens, neither of which is an eyesore:biggrin:. Thanks again for the feedback! Doc

Texatdurango

Well it's OK but I'm wearing my "totally honest" hat this morning so take my comment as constructive critique.

The cap is more straight grain pattern while the lower body is a round swirling pattern. I think I would have made both the top and bottom from the new blank so t he halves would match up a little better or found a blank that was more straight grained to match up with the existing cap.

Just a thought! :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Doc!!

Giving George the benefit of the doubt, certainly DON"T lose the pen body!!! Perhaps a black cap???

The "grain" on that body is magnificent!!!

hewunch

I think if when you cap it you try to line up the swirls on the cap and the body it will look better.

wizard

Thank you for the honesty and opportunity to learn.....it's back to the shop this evening. Stay tuned....Regards, Doc

phillywood

doc, this one looks much better, I am hoping that you take George's advise as constructive, but most of all hoping that you have the other part of the blanks for both top and the bottom, so you don't have to lose either one of those pens. Like Ed, said don't chunk them, you may be able to find some more blanks that you can make the top and the bottom to match. then you end up with three beautiful pens this time.

OKLAHOMAN

As said the grain on the bottom is to good not to use, if you don't have another piece of that to complete the pen why not get another kit try some alt. bone for the top on the swirled and for the bottom for the straight, giving you 2 as a set.

Top Bottom