Making sure I remember how to do this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dubdrvrkev

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

It's been awhile since I turned any pens so I did a few lately.
Here's what I ended up with.

Buckeye burl Cigar in black Tg
2006510235851_buckeye_burl_cigar-2.jpg

I tried some new (to me) fill on the voids. A little silver acrylic paint mixed in some epoxy. Turned out okay.
20065110128_fill-1.jpg

This is a "Masur Birch" (from BB) Sierra in satin nickle
20065110311_masur_birch_sierra-1.jpg

and it has a little curl in it too
20065110359_masur_birch_sierra-2.jpg

I can't figure out what I changed on my camera but my images are pretty bad, sorry.
Feel free to fire away.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Thanks everyone.
Dario, I used the mini. I can't turn pens on the big one since I don't have a short tool rest. Besides, I don't want to get CA all over my new baby. [8)]

gerryr

They both look great. You might want to consider using Testor's model enamel instead of acrylic if you need to do that sort of thing again. Pour off the solvent and just use the pigment. My experience at doing this in the rod building arena is that pigments work a lot better than acylics.

dubdrvrkev

Thanks again everyone.
Tom, Not been up to much of anything constructive. Working on a few little pieces here and there. Getting to be pretty warm these days, about time to break out the mastercool. I have started to think about ornament turning again. I know we said May for that get together, but we may have to think about it. It will either have to be an early morning deal or and evening thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom