Makin' Money!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rwyoung

rwyoung

Used Bruce's shredded money blank (http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45376) and made a click Gatsby (Wall Street II) with copper fittings. I think it is a pretty good match. Not that you can tell from the photo but the cartridge is a blue gel-ink type instead of the stock black ball-point.

Stopped several times to soak in thin CA and just before finishing the ends to their final sizes, removed the blank from the mandrel and soaked the ends in thin CA. A little dab of wax on the bushings keeps them from getting glued in! :bulgy-eyes:

Thanks Bruce!!!

(And making no real effort with the picture on this one)

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 359
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

Hey Rob

Looks great that money is packed in there tight. It looks like you painted your tubes a dark color. Looks good gives it a little contrast don't be afraid to try a lighter color also like a light grey it blends with the paper nicely.

(you should have put the little baggie of money under the clip):wink:

Looks great thanks for the plug. :biggrin:
Bruce

RichB

Great looking pen. Those money blanks are a challenge but the result is the best. I made one and painted the inside black. Not the best. What color did you use?

rwyoung

Inside painted black. Happened to be the only color on hand at the time. I may try a lighter color of gray like Bruce suggested on another one.

Bruce, I taped the scraps all back together and bought groceries...

Top Bottom