Major pain in the.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toolcrazy

toolcrazy

This pen turned out to be a major pain in the a$$.

I wasn't happy with the first finish. So I sanded it down and refinished it. Then, when I turned it over after I took this picture. I saw a crack at one end from pressing it together. So, I put a third refinish on it then one end peeled. So, I took my skew and took it down to bear wood and refinished it a forth time. I didn't get a pic of the final product. But, this is what it did look like. Red Heart on a Black Ti/Ti Gold Diplomat.

Sorry for the poor picture. It isn't up to my standards. I quit adjusting after I found the crack. The white balance if off. And the final pen went out to my customer before I remembered to photograph it.

Attachments

• IMGP0274.jpg
    IMGP0274.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 339
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

I like the shade of the red with the black parts. It looks very stately. I'm glad you persevered to get the results you felt it worthy of!

toolcrazy

Thanks everyone.

I have another piece of this, enough to make another identical pen. I may just do that. But it is my last piece.

ctubbs

Thar color combo is very striking. If the finished pen looked anything like the front showing, all the effort was well worth it. Congratulations on great patients and a grand save.
Charles

Top Bottom