Majestic with Yorrel Burl Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made this pen in AM today from a generous gift of Yorrel Burl Wood
from Shawn Hill. It's a Majestic with a large surface area which shows the beauty of the wood. Sanded from 150 to 600 grit, CA X 8 coats, wet MM to 12000, and HUT plastic polish. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday and thank you for looking!:)
Doc

Attachments

• Majestic with Yorrel Burl.jpg
    Majestic with Yorrel Burl.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 288
  • Majestic with Yorrel Burl_1.jpg
    Majestic with Yorrel Burl_1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 328
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Looks like I need an upgrade on friends....none of mine give me Yorrel Burl!!! Excellent score all on it's own!!!!

Now for the pen.....I can't find anything I don't like about it. Simply great!!!!!

Scott (dreaming about gift wood like this) B

shawnmhill

Yorrel Burl is actually the Burl of the Yorrel Mallee tree. It is part of the Eucalyptus family and is native to the southern part of Australia.

Ok, I'm done with my geek moment!

aussieturner

thats a great pen :biggrin: yeah we got some really good stuff down under on the other side of the big pond and some of it is really hard woods much harder than most of your timbers over there

wizard

When I drilled and turned the blank it became obvious that it was definitely a harder and denser burl wood than others I've worked with.
Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. Couldn't have made this without Shawn Hill's gift of the Yorrel burl. Shawn is a gifted individual who I had the pleasure and privilege to meet in person.
Again, Thank you,
Doc

Top Bottom