Majestic with vintage mocha bakelite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
It's been quite a while since I've been in my shop and even longer since I made a pen. :frown: Kind of lost my desire to make pens recently. I had the house to myself today so decided to have a go...
This is a Rhodium / Black Ti Majestic FP with old Mocha bakelite that I think I got from Roy ( Oklahoman ), some time ago. Beautiful material, but on a previous pen I made with it, it 'flaked' off in a couple of spots. Like it de-laminated, sort of.:confused:
This time I stabilzed it with CA as I got closer to size. :wink:

Nothing fancy, but maybe it has helped me get back in the groove for something more challenging. :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCF1731.JPG
    DSCF1731.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCF1734.JPG
    DSCF1734.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Don't feel alone about getting " pened out ". I have been turning acorns for the past month for my wife for Christmas decorations. Sometimes you have to step away for a little while and do something different. Very good looking pen. Jim S

lorbay

Man are you sick?? That's a kit pen, what is wrong with you?? Nah just kidding Skip, it looks great. I know the feeling about not getting to turn pens, I have just had shoulder surgery and will not be back at the lathe for at least 3 months.:mad::mad::mad:
Lin

08K.80

Very nice. Is that the full size Majestic?

I looked up bakelite and it seems it is pretty hard to find and when it is found, is pricey. I think I will keep practicing on resins and acrylics, so I don't deplete the available supply for the good pen makers.

bluwolf

Anything that helps you get back in the groove is worth it. I always look forward to seeing your next custom creation.

Mike

Joe S.

Very nice. Is that the full size Majestic?

I looked up bakelite and it seems it is pretty hard to find and when it is found, is pricey. I think I will keep practicing on resins and acrylics, so I don't deplete the available supply for the good pen makers.

Do you realize the insult that implies to most of us? :biggrin:

Top Bottom