majestic on trustone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cloven

Cloven

This material, oh boy, this material. *shaking head* Part of me never wants to work with this material again. Sure it looks great, but it was a real pain in the butt to work with. I had to rotate my carbide three times during the turning, and took a good 75 minutes longer than it takes me to make a wood or acrylic pen. Because so little came off on each pass I was able to get a nice super straight line, but then the sanding was almost as big a pain in the butt as the shaping. It's not so bad, I have the patience of the buddha, but still man, if I use this material in the future again, the person who wants it is going to pay extra.
It's a Jr Majestic rollerball in rhodium and gold on a black trustone with gold matrix.

On the plus side, I got my camera's white balance dialed in perfectly to my lightbox set up. I didn't have to do any post processing to this other than to crop the view.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sandsini

Beautiful! The darker the Trustone the harder it is to turn, at least that's what I've heard. I haven't tried that one yet, but the white with gold wasn't bad at all.

darthintel

Nice pens! I have turned this blank material several times and found just the opposite - I thought is was very easy to turn with carbide tool!

I usually put a price of about $125 on a Majestic Jr. I did one True Stone as a gift for a friend. I told him if anyone asked, it would be $350! I agree wholeheartedly, this stuff is difficult.

OZturner

The Bottom Line David, you have produced one Heck of a Pen,
Painful, for you, but a Beautiful Blank.
Fantastic partner to the Rhodium and Gold Jr Majestic.
Excellent Fit and Finish, with Great Photographs to Boot.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom