Majestic in Toucan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WildcatHollow

WildcatHollow

Majestic Series Rollerball Pen in
Toucan Crushed Velvet Acrylic
with Rhodium and Black Titanium Nitride Accountrement
and a Swarovski Crystal in the Clip

I wasn't sure about the Toucan pen blank matched with the Majestic Kit. When I showed it to my girlfriend she said she thought that it would sell to a woman in Miami. Now that I look at it, it does have more of a feminine feeling to it, but I think that's offset by the look and feel of the Majestic kit. I dunno. What do you guys think?

1_DSC_0018.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

I really like this blank. I have made 3 pens using Toucan. It attracts a lot of attention at shows, but not one of them has sold. Cant figure that one out. Style of pens range from a zen , baron, and long click.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have made a number of them in Comfort style pens, sells quickly.

Yours is well-done, but I suspect the material is too "casual" for a more expensive pen.

JMO!!

BTW, has an interesting smell as it turns, doesn't it?? Spose they put perfume in it??

WildcatHollow

Update...

Ed...I noticed the odor was different from the exotic blanks I had turned, and it was the first time I felt like I had to put a mask on. I also use a big ol' PSI dust collector, so that keeps most of the odor out of the room. I also noticed that after I came into the house from shoveling snow this morning, there was a definite odor in the house. Not bad, mind you...just different.

I got this blank from woodturnerscatalog.com.

You can find it here:

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Pen_Making___Pen_Blanks___Pen_Makers_Choice_Acrylic_Pen_Blank___pen_makers_choice?Args=

Regards,

t.

Trevor

great looking pen. I love that blank and have made several different pen styles from it. It is always a big hit with customers.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed...I noticed the odor was different from the exotic blanks I had turned, and it was the first time I felt like I had to put a mask on. I also use a big ol' PSI dust collector, so that keeps most of the odor out of the room. I also noticed that after I came into the house from shoveling snow this morning, there was a definite odor in the house. Not bad, mind you...just different.

I got this blank from woodturnerscatalog.com.

You can find it here:

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...e_Acrylic_Pen_Blank___pen_makers_choice?Args=

Regards,

t.

They have 3 or 4 that have their own "aroma". About the same time we were talking on the IAP about adding smells to PR. I have often wondered if they tried it.

I like the smell, but it IS different.

WildcatHollow

Majestic + Toucan

Jeff,

I agree. It's a big pen: nearly six inches long and 3.8 ounces. I told my son it weighs "a quarter pound." I've got another of the blanks, and I'm going to try it with something a little less "elegant," probably a Designer from PSI.

I also got two other blanks from them: black and gold, and tortoise shell.

The retro look of these blanks intrigues me. I think it's a call-back to my younger days when I'd go into pen stores and look at all the pens I couldn't afford. My only regret is that I didn't know at the time I could have made something similar to the ones I saw in the cases.

I've always been fascinated with the look of acrylic, and the big, substantial pen. That may be a direction for me.

We'll see.

Regards,

t.

johnnycnc

I think the combination is nice, it is different in a good way!
Beautiful pen, and superb photographic skill.

I had some of those blanks shortly after they came out, and did not
care for the smell while turning..

Top Bottom