Majestic Stripes Amalgam-Mutt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

I'm finally getting to one of the Amalgam-Mutt blanks from Bear Toothe Woods. I wasn't sure how it would look on a Majestic, but I think it came out well. It would look good on a Gentleman's kit as well.

I got my holes drilled exactly in the middle using the PSI pen blank drilling chuck for the first time. It takes a little more time, but is super accurate!

I have one more of these blanks, in a different color, but can't decide on a kit. Maybe I'll go custom.

Enjoy! Comments always welcome.

Martin

Attachments

• MajesticStipes-2.jpg
    MajesticStipes-2.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 241
  • MajesticStipes-3.jpg
    MajesticStipes-3.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 280
  • MajesticStipes-4.jpg
    MajesticStipes-4.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 207
  • MajesticStipes-5.jpg
    MajesticStipes-5.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 179
  • MajesticStipes-1.jpg
    MajesticStipes-1.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edavisj316

Looks great! The fit and finish are spot on.

For my taste I think I would like it better on the Gent. With the stripes and the detail on the Majestic, there is a lot going on. But that is just me.

Rick P

Looks great! The fit and finish are spot on.

For my taste I think I would like it better on the Gent. With the stripes and the detail on the Majestic, there is a lot going on. But that is just me.

+1......... the Gent would highlight the contrast more. Great looking pen either way!

Rick_G

I love it. To me it looks bold and classy. I may try this on my table saw somehow and cast in resin. The blade may be to wide but its worth a try.

Try a fine tooth 7" blade made for a circular saw. I just measured mine at .08 vs 1.1 for a thin kerf 10" blade.

Great looking pen, definitely the chuck you need to get perfectly centered holes. Haven't heard anything bad about the chuck yet and this pen certainly shows what it can do.

wizard

Martin,
That is an absolutely gorgeous pen. Very classy...almost like a pinstripe suit! Very subtle and aesthetically pleasing curves noted. Overall profile to the pen looks great.
Looks good on the Rhodium Majestic rather than the 22k to emphasize the pattern and beauty of the wood. Thank you for showing. Regards, Doc

wiset1

Pretty awesome looking turn! I love the dedicated pen chuck that PSI sells. I toasted about $250 worth of blanks on the press before I bought one. Since then it's a true center drill every single time! Anyways...amazing looking job on this one.

Top Bottom