Majestic Squire and Letter Opener

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gtriever

gtriever

Normally if I do a pen/letter opener set I like to use either a fountain pen or rollerball. However, in this case the client specifically requested a twist pen and the color of the blank. The best match I could find was a Majestic Squire/Majestic in Rhodium with 22kt gold accents. It'll be presented as a birthday gift from a local church to their pastor.

MajSquire-LetOpener_web.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice! I have been looking at the Majestic Letter opener for a while now... I have some of the pen kits, so I need to make an order and get the Christmas presents done!

Thank you for sharing.

Gregory Hardy

I don't think customers always realize the additional effort that goes into matching a set. Obviously when one buys matching kits from a manufacturer, part of the battle is already won, but buying blanks of the same sort can still be a crap shoot. (I have started buying four blanks at the onset of a set project...make one piece and then turn another blank for the second piece and hope for an acceptable match...and then another if I'm not satisfied.)

All of this to say, "Great job with this set." Colors are a nice match. Lines are pleasing. Beautiful work.

gtriever

...I have started buying four blanks at the onset of a set project...make one piece and then turn another blank for the second piece and hope for an acceptable match...and then another if I'm not satisfied.

Yep, I do the same thing, order 4 and try to get the best match before I start turning and then double-check it afterwards. I also get a set or two of spare tubes, just in case.

And speaking of case(s), has anybody got a better alternative to the PSI Leatherette pen/letter opener case? The picture shows a nice fit, but when you try to stick two Majestic-sized bodies in there, it's way too small.

Top Bottom