The Majestic Moose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stoneman

stoneman

I've wanted to try a Majestic Pen Kit for a while now. Recently PSI began a promotion where you buy a Majestic Kit and get the set up (drill bits, barrel trimming sleeves and bushings) at no added cost. I couldn't resist that offer.

I've also had a piece of moose antler for a while that I wanted to put on an upscale kit. Riley found the 12" long broken moose antler tine in May of 2008 while shed hunting. It appears to have been forcibly broken from the main antler, most likely during a battle between two large bull moose during the rut (mating season).

While I like the kit, it sure is a monster. If you drop this one on your foot, you better have steel toe shoes on. I also think it turned out a little too flashy for the moose antler - live and learn.

Finally, for those who are wondering (like I was a while back), I posted a picture of the Majestic along with a Stateman. The Majestic is certainly a little larger and definitely has more heft. Still, I think the Statesman would have been a better choice for my moose battle antler.

Comments good, bad or indifferent always welcome.

Attachments

• MajesticMoose.jpg
    MajesticMoose.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 236
  • SnapTineH111.jpg
    SnapTineH111.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 167
  • StatesmanMajesticComparison.jpg
    StatesmanMajesticComparison.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

I like the Statesman a little better only because of less glits. But that is just me. I love your moose pen, as I do all the mooses or meeses pens you have shown. You do great work.

Top Bottom