Majestic Magic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sappheiros

Sappheiros

Pen #16 - Majestic Jr. Rolllerball - Rhodium & 22KT

I got these beautiful blanks called Unicorn Rainbow from someone on Facebook. I was excited to try it out on the majestic pen, but I think it would have accentuated the colors a bit better if I reverse painted a darker color.

It was a little difficult photographing this pen. The first picture shows how I might usually take the pictures, but the problem I ran into was the pen wanting to roll around. The dragon might be a little much... distracting from the pen itself. Thoughts?

Let me know what you think! :)

Attachments

• IMG_6414_1920x1080.jpg
    IMG_6414_1920x1080.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_6421_1920x1080.jpg
    IMG_6421_1920x1080.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_6422_1920x1080.jpg
    IMG_6422_1920x1080.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_6423_1920x1080.jpg
    IMG_6423_1920x1080.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_6426_1920x1080.jpg
    IMG_6426_1920x1080.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sappheiros

BTW do you study the Suzuki violin method? I used to write for the violin but that was a few years ago.

I was studying it. I only started playing a couple years ago, but it was always on and off with classes going on. I was only on the first book. I jumped a bit all over the place. Sadly, I haven't been working on honing that skill for a time. I did fix my warped bridge recently, though.

TurtleTom

BTW do you study the Suzuki violin method? I used to write for the violin but that was a few years ago.

I was studying it. I only started playing a couple years ago, but it was always on and off with classes going on. I was only on the first book. I jumped a bit all over the place. Sadly, I haven't been working on honing that skill for a time. I did fix my warped bridge recently, though.

I like messing with bridges, especially tuning them, it's quite an art. What I hate is resetting the post under the bridge.

Sappheiros

I once debated going to school to make violins, but that's not for me. Not for now. Social work school now. Turning hobbyist. Attempting to work on my violin playing.

wizard

What do I think?
I think your reverse painting was perfect.
I think the pictures are gorgeous and beautifully illustrate the pearlescent and iridescent character of the blank.
I think that the dragon is exactly where it needs to be and provides a setting that highlights the presentation of a very regal pen.
I think you are pretty tough on this Avi dude and need to cut the man some major slack.
Regards,
Doc:)

BSea

I got these beautiful blanks called Unicorn Rainbow from someone on Facebook. I was excited to try it out on the majestic pen, but I think it would have accentuated the colors a bit better if I reverse painted a darker color.

It was a little difficult photographing this pen. The first picture shows how I might usually take the pictures, but the problem I ran into was the pen wanting to roll around. The dragon might be a little much... distracting from the pen itself. Thoughts?

I really like the pen. You mentioned that a darker color back paint would help. What color did you use?

Sappheiros

Thank you each and every one of you! It really means a lot to me getting these compliments from experienced turners such as yourselves! I'm still so new and read each and every comment carefully. You're all the best! :)

I really like the pen. You mentioned that a darker color back paint would help. What color did you use?

For this pen, I actually reverse painted white. I wanted to first try a neutral color and then go from there. The cap had some sort of issue with the reverse painting. I could see some yellow showing through. Wet sanding/polishing could have contributed to running paints. My new plan is to reverse paint, wait a bit, glue, and then let the whole assembly wait for the next day.

I have a matching majestic letter opener where I reverse painted a nice darker blue that's in the works and I hope to finish this weekend. Things have been a bit rough lately, but I do have a finished pen to photograph and upload and then also finishing the letter opener and getting that up! I find that there is never enough time!

Last edited:
Top Bottom