The (Majestic) made with corian.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from corian king

corian king

Hello All I actually made this pen some time ago and have had many chances to sell it.But it was my first one and just can't seem to let it go.
The material is corian and is called pebble grey which has been discountinued.Let me know what you think.
Thanks!
JIM

Attachments

• majestic 2.jpg
    majestic 2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 418
  • majestic 3.jpg
    majestic 3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 454
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rfturner

great job I do not have any corian that is thick enough for a majestic, That pen looks great, all my corian is only 1/2in.

lapdog

Ryan---you can always glue (2) 1/2" pieces of Corian together and it will appear seamless as long as you clamp it very well during the gluing process.

Jim---That is a beautiful piece of work. I also enjoy the end results of well polished Corian.

Linda

Lenny

Jim,
Beautiful, and virtually indestructable!
I have turned a few smaller pens from the pebble grey as well. It's my favorite color corian.

Did you find thicker pieces or did you CA glue two 1/2" pieces together?

I had been somwhat interested in your offer for corian pieces awhile ago, but it didn't sound like you were offering more than one piece of each color? That would make it hard to make most of the pen kits that are out there. Please correct me on this if I'm wrong. (and I hope I am):)

Rfturner

Ryan---you can always glue (2) 1/2" pieces of Corian together and it will appear seamless as long as you clamp it very well during the gluing process.

Jim---That is a beautiful piece of work. I also enjoy the end results of well polished Corian.

Linda

Sorry I should have said without gluing it, I have made plenty of larger pens by gluing pieces together

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
very nice pen. How would you tell if its Corian and not another brand? I have a couple of large pieces that look alot like that pattern 12" x8ft and 2ft x 3ft.

corian king

Hello Thanks to everyone for the feedback.It is greatly appreciated.
I glue my corian up to achive the larger size.I use the adhesive that is made for whatever color I am working with.you are right lenny that offer is for 150 different colors.However if you would like I could give you 2ea of 75 different colors so you would have some matching pieces.I am also getting ready to add to the offer for US customers.For an additional 10.00 I can give you 2ea of the 150 different colors but that still won't give you what you need.You really need to have the pieces cut to 1in so when you glue them together you will get the 1 x 1 square.Anytime I can help anyone out I will do my best to do so.We do have 160 colors of solidsurface material on hand from different companys and we also stock about 60 that we call our speciality blanks which some of them are burls.
Thanks again!
JIM

corian king

Hello Jennifer Sometimes I use CA glue but most of the time I use corians adhesive which comes in colors to match the product.Less of a chance to see the seam line that way.

Lenny

Hello Jennifer Sometimes I use CA glue but most of the time I use corians adhesive which comes in colors to match the product.Less of a chance to see the seam line that way.

In my very limited experience with it I found the peeble gray seams up nicely with CA but then others (off white with gold flecks) would show a very noticable seam. I suspect that is true of others ... some hide the seam better than others ... would you say that's true, Jim

Using the matching glues would no doubt help greatly. :)

corian king

I do agree Lenny some of them are almost impossible even with the proper glue to hide the seam.But there is a less of a chance using the color matched glue.

Top Bottom