Majestic Lincoln Casting Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

This is a cast of a 1923 LARGE $5 Silver Certificate replica I did months ago, but never finished. I figured it was about time to finish it up. This was cast and set to a full sized Majestic. Hope you enjoy:biggrin:

5683821702_ff7d7e1822_z.jpg

5683821932_c5dbc868e0_z.jpg

Larger images can be found on my flickr site!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

I tried using an African Blackwood lower tube but it just didn't look right to I finished up the barrel you see here.

workinforwood

Well..I agree with both of you! It looks awesome, but not a fan of the double portrait. Blackwood wouldn't look right. Isn't there something else, like the whitehouse on the back of the bill? I would have used the back side of the bill for the pen. heck..it would be easy to replace the pen barrel.

wiset1

This was a 1923 LARGE $5 Silver Certificate replica so the bill is a bit different than the bills we use today in circulation. I can't remember what was on the back, but it now resides behind the image of Lincoln, ha ha ha. Anyway...I tried different materials for the lower barrel, but nothing looked like it belonged so I went back to the original idea and spun the old cast I had. I'm sure someone will love it one day...who knows...it may be me ;-)

Last edited:

BSea

I think a buckeye burl (with the right colors) would look great with that. I have a buckeye burl pen that from a distance looks very similar to a money pen. I'll have to get a picture of them side by side.

But I like yours. I even like the double portrait.

MartinPens

Stunning! Perhaps some sort of trustone on the body with a laser engraving of one of his famous quotes? Really an exceptional rich pen. Congrats and thanks for showing it.

Regards,
Martin

wiset1

Thanks Martin! The Tru-Stone idea might work, but then the task of finding what works best. Always the question...what will look best...?

76winger

As with the others, I'm thinking a different main body would do it justice. In particular, I'm seeing the strips portion of a starts and strips kit as a good combination with the presidential cap. Hmmm....

wiset1

Good ideas...When I make it back to the states I'll have to visit this subject again and see what I can come up with. I also need to get more material for casting.

Thank you for all the feedback!

Top Bottom