Majestic Junior

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fitzman163

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mickr

what material are you using? expensive wood? cheaper acrylic? Is the maj plat & BT or plat & gold? Is the pen you are selling "fine work"? what is your selling area? who is buying? recession? without that info, it's hard to know

timben

I sell a few. More fountain pens than rollerball. Seems like they sell pretty good in tru-stone. They go for $90 - $120 depending on material. I mark up my fountain pens a little more than rollerball, and offer nib choices with upgrade to Heritance nibs.
I found The crystal in the clip can be a good selling point or a negative. Some people like it, some don't. I have been thinking it would be cool to switch the crystal to some other stone to complement whatever the pen is made from.
Anyone with jewelry experience out there know if that would be doable? It would be great to see a tutorial on how to do it.

Jgrden

Interesting fact I just picked up from you. You sell more fountain pens than rollerballs??? I have been staying away from fountain pens because of the loose cartridges and the extra inventory of nibs and the knowledge. Just because we learned to write with those :stick" pens in school does not bake one an expert . How do you change those things?

Jgrden,

Lou has a great article in the library on changing nibs its really quite simple if you can turn a pen your more than qualified to change a nib don't let that part keep you away from fountain pens and i usually sell them with the nibs they come with unless they request a fine or something then i will put in a Heritance nib as far as the cartridges they just snap in and you squeeze them till a couple drops of ink come out and your ready to go.

Be careful though i stayed away from fountain pens till i started getting request from them and became hooked and a fountain pen is now my daily carry pen. I give the customer a couple Private Reserve cartridges never the junk that comes with the kit and a converter but i personally use a converter and bottled ink in my own pens and usually suggest that to my customers try it. Private reserve in bottles is great but i personally prefer Noodlers in my own.

Steve

Last edited:

AlexL

I sold 3 22k Majestic Jr rollerballs this week. All were made in blue lapis trustone for $155 each. I've sold several of the black titanium jrs in black acrylic for $100.

PenMan1

I sell a lot of Majestic Juniors in the 22K. I use AS Gemstone on a lot of them. I live in a college town and I do 2 college colors in the gemstone with gold web. I get $150 per pen at the football games and I usually sell 8-10 (some take cards and order custom) pens, mostly juniors at the stadium.

I made a USC Trojan pen from a Junior kit for a friend that lives in Calf. That gift turned into 10 orders from his "Trojan" friends.

Both men and women (I would have thought it too big for most women, maybe as gifts?) seem to really like the crystal in the clip.

PenMan1

I forgot to say that I use the big rosewood box with the glass in it. I use a vinyl cutter and put the customer's name on the box. I call my wife with the name that goes on the box. She cuts the name out of vinyl (it looks hake hand calligraphy) and brings it at half time.

The box cost $12. And the Gemstone ain't cheap either. That's why I'm a little pricey.

Top Bottom