Majestic Jr. Fountain Pen with Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this morning. A Rhodium and Black T/N plated Majestic Junior Fountain Pen with Amboyna Burl Wood. Enjoyed turning it. Sanded to 600 grit. Cleaned with rubbing alcohol. CA medium X 8 coats. MM to 12000 followed by HUT plastic polish and a coat of Ren Wax. Comments welcome and, as always, thanks so much for looking. Hope everyone has a great day! Doc:)

Attachments

• Amboyna Burl Majestic Junior Fountain Pen.jpg
    Amboyna Burl Majestic Junior Fountain Pen.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Amboyna Burl Majestic Junior Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    Amboyna Burl Majestic Junior Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Doc, Blank and componets really go together great but is it the photo or is the final underturned?

Roy, I looked at the picture and thought the same. However, when I look at the pen, it looks fine. The amboyna on the cap end seems to be a darker wood and the photo seem underexposed in that area. Nevertheless, looking at the picture, in retrospect, I do wish I would have left more bulk on the cap end of the pen. Roy, thank you for taking the time for the constructive comment! Doc

ToddMR

Doc that is totally awesome! The pen looks so amazing to me. I need to get that kit at some point and that blank as I have never used either. Thanks for sharing such a nice classy looking pen!

wizard

Thank you all for the compliments and encouragement! I have been doing pen turning for just about a year now, still consider myself a newbie and am learning from the many superb pen makers on this site. I have truly enjoyed being a part of IAP. Thank you all so very much. Doc:)

Top Bottom