• IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 500
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I was worried at first about the gold and the silver, but since there isn't a ton of gold in the blank it looks pretty classy to me.

I had heard all the rumors that it was a hard pen to turn and for the first barrel I definitely had the pucker factor up higher than normal, but the second blank took all of maybe 3 minutes to turn down to size. I didn't see it being that hard at all in my opinion. I don't know if they changed the formulation to be more resin than stone, but IMHO it turned just like any other hard resin pen except I don't get the real long curlies, just smaller curlies. I will say it had a funky smell wetsanding with the micro-mesh. Kinda like burning poo if you've ever smelled that.

I really hope that Caswell gets their buffs in soon so I can order a couple and some of their plastic polishing compounds that I've heard so much about. I really think that will be the cherry on top for this pen. I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and show it around, and if there is a lot of interest I may sell it.

Suprisingly I'm not a fan of the bigger pens. I love the elegant sierra. It's probably my most favorite pen to hold, and I have what many consider a larger hand.

Texatdurango

Yep, Nice looking pen. Maybe a little fat but still nice looking! Blue Lapis is one of my favorite truestones but they are hard to take a good picture of since the veins don't show up that well.

Justin, speaking of buffing, have you ever tried Flitz on your truestone pens instead of plastic compound? I think it makes the metal veins really stand out.

Buzzzz4

Nice pen, I would agree, a little fat for my taste. I've applied a little ca finish to trustone to bring out a shine. Any input on that? I don't have a buffing system.

Top Bottom