Majestic feather pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mervyn

mervyn

Majestic feather pen

The Brass tubes where airbrushed with a blue metallic acrylic water based paint, they where then left to dry for a few hours and then Grizzly hackles tied separately to the tubes.
The kit I used was the large Majestic rhodium and 22k gold pen kit from PSI
Comments welcomed guys
Mervyn

maj-feather-blue03.jpg

maj-feather-blue02.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

My wife came running into the room, in order to see what it was that I was saying "Woah, that is so sweeeeettt!!!!!" about... and she agreed!! Fantastic look, and works with the Majestic kit so well!!!!

robutacion

Oh yeah, I like that pen and the pics are super sharp. What camera do you use, if I may ask...??? (I'm in the market for a new camera with super Macro qualities but easy to use...)

The only thing that I didn't like so much is the difference of depth between the bottom and top barrels. I appears that the bottom barrels is clear (less dark) then the top one, I though that would be thickness of the finish but the amount available for building the finish upon is identical for both barrels so I don't really know what make the top barrel darker/deeper blue...???:confused:

Don't take offence of my observation please, I'm normally not that "picky" but I like the bottom barrel more and I find a shame that both barrels don't look the same for some reason, and I'm hoping that you can shine a little light so that I can understand what can cause the difference...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

mervyn

Well firstly I would like to thank everyone for their really nice comments.
George let's try and answer your questions here, I understand what you're saying about the blanks, I have taken a look in the natural daylight and the blue pain work is the same through to the two sections so I think it might be the fact that more feathers where tied and a bit closer together may have caused it to appear slightly darker, Good point George!

Right guys I'm no photographer but here's the equipment I have and use.

The camera is a Sony SLR A350 14.2m pix
http://www.digitalreview.ca/content/Sony-Alpha-A350-Compared-to-Nikon-D80-pg1.shtml

I use a light tent with a black background on a white base to create a little reflection, I also use two daylight bulbs (5600k) these are then place at the side of the tent.

I don't use the macro setting. (Not worked it out yet lol)

I do take my picture in quite a dark room with not much light and no sunlight.

the ISO is 100
f stop 22
shutter speed is 0.8 sec, 0.6, 1.00sec but I find 0.8 sec is good for me
the camera program is on M (manual mode)
shots taken with a tripod and on a self timer

these setting seem to work for me guy with no messing around in Photoshop.
Thanks for the great questions George and many thanks to of you who have commented.

Merv

Top Bottom