Majestic dressed in Lady Amhurst and Silver Pheasant- Marla's Feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

Hi Guys,

I have been so busy at work, and finally got around to making this pen. This is my first go with Marla's feathers from Classic Nib. Its a combination of Lady Amhurst and Silver Pheasant. I love it. It is very well made and no issues turning or finishing. My registrar who bought this, was so excited and loves it!! What does everyone think? C & C absolutely welcome.

Cheers,
Sean

Attachments

• Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 1a.jpg
    Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 1a.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 349
  • Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 2a.jpg
    Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 2a.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 251
  • Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 3a.jpg
    Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 3a.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 5a.jpg
    Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 5a.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 6a.jpg
    Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 6a.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 7a.jpg
    Lady Amhurst Pheasant Maj 7a.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Sean,

Apart from the fact that, you downloaded 2 pics of the same, the rest is OK...!

Just kidding mate, I have already said before that, you do great work and take beautiful pictures...!:)

The whole idea of using colourful birds feathers to create pen blanks, was certainly a "genius" idea, I'm know to make pen blanks out of everything but, I would have casted many other items before I would think/consider in casting feathers so, to those that makes these type blanks, in particularly Marla that made this one, my heat goes them/her for such a perfect work of art.

As for you as the turner, you know how to match kits/plattings with blanks. Stunning fit and finish, presentation is "Exhibition grade", I never get tired to see work like this, congrats...!

PS: Glad you are back to the wood lathe:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

OKLAHOMAN

Sean, you did Marla's blanks proud. You matched up her pattern just perfectly, that's how it is to be done. Thank you for showing us.

Rounder

Hi Sean,

Just kidding mate, I have already said before that, you do great work and take beautiful pictures...!:)

The whole idea of using colourful birds feathers to create pen blanks, was certainly a "genius" idea, I'm know to make pen blanks out of everything but, I would have casted many other items before I would think/consider in casting feathers so, to those that makes these type blanks, in particularly Marla that made this one, my heat goes them/her for such a perfect work of art.

As for you as the turner, you know how to match kits/plattings with blanks. Stunning fit and finish, presentation is "Exhibition grade", I never get tired to see work like this, congrats...!

Cheers
George

Now look closely George. Must be early or late where you are. I think the ones you are saying are the same are the ones with the pen leaning against the wood. But the first one has the clip facing forward and the second has the clip to the side. The clip just blends so well with the blank it is hard to see.

It is a beautiful pen and well done Tgsean.

robutacion

Hi Sean,

Cheers
George

Now look closely George. Must be early or late where you are. I think the ones you are saying are the same are the ones with the pen leaning against the wood. But the first one has the clip facing forward and the second has the clip to the side. The clip just blends so well with the blank it is hard to see.

It is a beautiful pen and well done Tgsean.

Oops, you are absolutely right...!

Sorry Sean, I need better glasses...!:redface:

Yes, I do make mistakes...!:eek::)

Cheers
George

tgsean

Hey everyone, I am glad that you all like the pen, and no worries George, that's fine. As mentioned I want to constantly try and improve myself both in turning and also in the photo's. I must say that getting the photo's right to my satisfaction is an on-going process. I am getting better, but I think getting the lighting right is still on-going. I appreciate all the feedback given.

Cheers,
Sean

tgsean

Thanks everyone, I wonder if it would selected for front page photo? Maybe its not that nice!! he he he

Top Bottom