Magnifying Glass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CREID

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Wow! Looks like a great turning and gift! I, like many others are currently in progress of turning gifts for relatives, friends, etc. for Christmas and this is a perfect example of a great gift! Your turning is awesome and I'd love to make a few for friends/relatives but have no idea where to purchase the magnifying mechanism... Do you mind sharing where you obtained yours, and if so, would you kindly share with others? Thanks in advance and safe turning to you always!

CREID

Wow! Looks like a great turning and gift! I, like many others are currently in progress of turning gifts for relatives, friends, etc. for Christmas and this is a perfect example of a great gift! Your turning is awesome and I'd love to make a few for friends/relatives but have no idea where to purchase the magnifying mechanism... Do you mind sharing where you obtained yours, and if so, would you kindly share with others? Thanks in advance and safe turning to you always!
Actually, this is a PKMONT magnifying Kit I purchased a long time ago. It was a PSI kit and I don't believe anyone makes this particular kit anymore. It used Mont Blanc bushings and I don't know if they even make Mont Blanc pen Kits anymore.
But PSI and others sell Magnifying glass kits of another style, just go to the vendors and check their "Other Projects" area and look under Magnifiers or Desk Accessories.

Glad You liked it, the kit was just sitting around and I finally decided to make it because I just bought a new carbide tool and wanted to try something with it right away.
Curt

Last edited:

qquake

Very nice! I've made quite a few magnifying glasses over the years, of various styles. CSUSA used to have small magnifier necklace kits that were really cute. I wish they'd bring those back.

CREID

You mean this one?
art_mag_nec_kit.jpg

CSUSA under desk accessories

Curt

qquake

You mean this one?
art_mag_nec_kit.jpg

CSUSA under desk accessories

Curt

Yep, that's the one! I'll be darned if I could find it on their website. I just found a leftover kit at home that I've probably had for a couple of years. I'm glad they're still available.

Old Codger

Thanks Curt! I really like your turning of the magnifying glass but sad that the kit is non longer availabe... I would like to find a glass kit that is at least 2" or more in diameter, hopefully at least 4" in diameter...since most of us at that certain age needs the size and diameter to effectively use them... Again, your prompt response is greatly appreciated! Any further assistance would be wonderful! Safe turning to you always!

CREID

Thanks Curt! I really like your turning of the magnifying glass but sad that the kit is non longer availabe... I would like to find a glass kit that is at least 2" or more in diameter, hopefully at least 4" in diameter...since most of us at that certain age needs the size and diameter to effectively use them... Again, your prompt response is greatly appreciated! Any further assistance would be wonderful! Safe turning to you always!
The magnifiers at PSI are 2 inch and one a little over 2. They do make magnifiers just not the particular kit that I made (a Mont Blank). I believe that any of the other vendors that sell magnifiers also sell at 2 inch or there abouts. I have never seen a kit four a 4 inch, but you never know.
Curt

Mortalis

Magnifying glass kit I bought from a local Rockler distributor as he was liquidating his pen making supplies a couple years ago.
If I remember, I think it is stabilized Spalted Tiger Oak from woodturningz.

Attachments

• DSC_0116.jpg
    DSC_0116.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 158

CREID

Magnifying glass kit I bought from a local Rockler distributor as he was liquidating his pen making supplies a couple years ago.
If I remember, I think it is stabilized Spalted Tiger Oak from woodturningz.
I will have to remember Spalted Tiger Oak, that is awesome.
Curt

Top Bottom