The magic that is Fred's beading tool....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from angboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

20051165915_Nov32005.jpg

Tulipwood pen made using Fred's beading tool! It works great Fred!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Thanks for the positive feedback. And Dario, you weren't imagining things- you looked at the post way too fast- I had to edit my picture right after I posted it, but you snuck in there to read it!

The tool really works nicely. I waited to make the actual beads until I was pretty far up in the sanding process, so I didn't sand them out. I think it was around 800 that I did it. (I probably should have paid more attention!) But doing it that way kept the beads from fading out and they were still as smooth as the rest of the pen. I really like beads on pens, so this is a really great addiiton to my selection of tools. There was nothing negative at all about using it!

Fred in NC

Angela, thank you for posting your feedback and the pic. Nice pen indeed!

Actually, I usually cut beads after sanding to at least 600, and finish sanding after that. Works well for me.

For those interested, my production has been very slow due to my upcoming retirement next month. Then I will have more time to make tools (some new tools in the horizon!), to make more pens, and to get my photo booth in order so I can post more pics of tools and pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom