Madrone Burl Thuya Burl and Aluminum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

This has to be the most challenging pen I have made to date. This aluminum is so hard to glue to and it kept coming apart. I think I have finally found the right way to do it? The next one is drying now. Well here it is.

il_570xN.440254173_1z01.jpg

il_570xN.440254221_su7q.jpg

I hope you like it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Lar

Very nice pen. I have made several segmented pens like those and they are not easy to keep symmetrical and glued together.

Hendu3270

Awesome pen Mike!! So far my segmenting has been really simply stuff, no scallops or anything yet. So what is the trcik you learned to get it glued together without coming apart?

Awesome pen Mike!! So far my segmenting has been really simply stuff, no scallops or anything yet. So what is the trcik you learned to get it glued together without coming apart?

Well I think it is cleaning the aluminum really well and then sanding the heck out of it to get it back to just aluminum then clean again. I blew up a better blank than the one I posted tonight though! aaaaahhhhhh

jttheclockman

Well I think it is cleaning the aluminum really well and then sanding the heck out of it to get it back to just aluminum then clean again. I blew up a better blank than the one I posted tonight though! aaaaahhhhhh

Mike very well done. It looks clean and presise. I welcome you to come to the Segmenting forum and display the pen and if you would like to share some techniques such as gluing methods or cutting methods or any other thing you would be willing to share please do so. I invite anyone else to come over if they have some segmenting pens they want to show off and maybe give us all some background on your techniques.

I ask this because I lobbied to get a seperate segmenting forum going just so that people can share techniques and tips specifically for segmenting. I do not want it to be only about my pens but would love to see more people try some segmenting. I understand if you feel you do not want to share things but the invite is there for all. The idea was to have a specific place to use as a reference point if segmenting questions come up instead of sifting through a whole bunch of topics and general pen photos. Thanks for showing.

Last edited:

Mike very well done. It looks clean and presise. I welcome you to come to the Segmenting forum and display the pen and if you would like to share some techniques such as gluing methods or cutting methods or any other thing you would be willing to share please do so. I invite anyone else to come over if they have some segmenting pens they want to show off and maybe give us all some background on your techniques.

I ask this because I lobbied to get a seperate segmenting forum going just so that people can share techniques and tips specifically for segmenting. I do not want it to be only about my pens but would love to see more people try some segmenting. I understand if you feel you do not want to share things but the invite is there for all. The idea was to have a specific place to use as a reference point if segmenting questions come up instead of sifting through a whole bunch of topics and general pen photos. Thanks for showing.

Actually I got my information on cleaning and some on the gluing from the segmenting forum it is an awesome forum. If any of you haven't been on there you will find sssssoooooo much information I highly recommend it.

Top Bottom