Made a gift for a friend. Pretty sure this wasn't a Slimline....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

552729_391364077590330_612972338_n.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what this kit was originally intended for, operating theory is possibly a Euro? It took larger bushings to meet up to the hardware on it, and I went with what I had. Had to do barrels one at a time, only two bushings were available. This one is for a friend that's paid for quite a few movie tickets over the last couple of months. She kept leaning on me for a yellow pen, and Corian King came through with the perfect blank for the job. I REALLY like how this one came together, and kinda wish I had more of these kits to monkey around with. I LOVE having the thicker barrel on the 7mm tubes. Makes me a lot happier turning straight bushing to bushing barrels.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

If anyone knows what kit this is, when I finally get to order some parts, I want more of these to play with. It's essentially the same as a Slim, just better in every way.

Drstrangefart

I gotta agree, i like that kit as well! nice job keepin' it straight!

It's not quite as perfectly executed as I like. The color of the surface REALLY puts your lighting to the test. We have great lighting, but it was still nearly impossible to make out finer details on it. It made my eyes wanna bleed looking for hazing when I was doing the MicroMesh and trying to make sure I got a clean finish. Pretty neat experience, though.

PenMan1

Allan:
This is a set that is no longer made (or at least, I can't buy them buy then in 100 lots). They were on sale at AZ for virtually nothing. It only came in a Rhodium finish and it was called the El Camino Flat Top.

When Bill reduced the price, I bought most of his inventory. It is a BEAUTIFUL slim in Rhodium with a GREAT centerband.

When I couldn't buy these in bulk, I discontinued them. NOT because they weren't great sellers, but because I couldn't get the price point I needed.

Berea Hardwoods Pen Kit Images

I may have a few (hundred) centerbands and clips, it you need a good price:)

Last edited:

Drstrangefart

Gotcha. If they can sell for me, it's a worthwhile investment. I can see $6.25 a piece being a hard knock if you need a lower price point. It was a great kit, love how it looks finished, and I plan on ordering some sooner or later. I'd have to have nibs and caps to go with the other parts to make it at all worthwhile to pick up the cb and clip. That was the only one I had on hand that I could find in my stuff, and I don't think those parts alone would fit on a normal Slim too well.

Top Bottom