Made a few more

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kirk Dietrich

Kirk Dietrich

Well, after posting a pic on this forum of my first three pens and the encouragement from you guys, I made another three. I paid a little more attention to some detail. I still have some improvement but I feel like I'm beginning to understand this pen turning a little better.
I photographed the pens on their rough wood form.

Thanks,
Kirk

Pen #5 Cherry wood, I got from my BBQ wood pile
DSC_6310-4.jpg

Pen #6 Sinker Cypress cut on a 9 degree angle to show the grain in crescent shapes.
DSC_6306-3.jpg

Pen #7 Spalted Pecan again except I had to repair a spot while turning.
DSC_6305-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

It's not uncommon to need to 'fix' a spot or three on spalted wood....but always well worth it!
And the bais cut on the cherry looks really nice too!!!

Scott (well turned) B

Kirk Dietrich

Thanks fellas. I'm having fun with this stuff. I need to order some more pen parts now; went through that first ten pretty quick. What else can I do with bags of wood blanks that I made a couple weekends ago, right?

Thanks again,
Kirk

yaroslaw

They are really nice, I like simple forms of slimline, also light wood looks great with black shiny (chrome or titanium?) metal.

Kirk Dietrich

Thanks Fishinbo and Yaroslaw. I used the Gun Metal finish kit. I just ordered some gold finish and some more gun metal, I hope I can handle the bling of the gold as I've gotten used to the nice subdued gun metal finish.

Thanks again,
Kirk

Top Bottom