Madame Et Monsieur

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm pretty pleased how these two came out.:biggrin: I think they are the only pair of my segmented pens that might even look at bit classy.
Pink PR-brass-Black PR for the Madame and Turq Tru-Stone-brass-Black PR for the Gentleman.
C&C's ( Comments or critiques ) welcome:)

( Even from my buddy Roy!!:tongue:)

Attachments

• NEW 016.jpg
    NEW 016.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 544
  • NEW 018.jpg
    NEW 018.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 298
  • NEW 022.jpg
    NEW 022.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:

terryf

Lovely pair Steven although I would have liked to have seen the pink and blue the same in both pens, but thats just me!!

Are the kits Jr Gent and Gentlemans pen or both the same kit?

LEAP

Nicely done as always, Hers would have looked a little nicer with the black threads but thats just my not so humble opinion. The details on the scallops really make the pens stand out.

IPD_Mrs

Well Steven, the point on the blue is off by .001 and the .... Oh heck it's bloody well perfect. :biggrin:

Honestly though the pink looks like it has some white swirls and I think I would have looked at a blue that had white also. It might not have looked good against the black, it would be hard to tell without trying.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
......... Hers would have looked a little nicer with the black threads ............

Phil, I swear that my wife just said the exact same thing!!!!:eek:
She reckoned ( correctly, obviously :redface:)that there needed to be some black between the pink and the gold nib.

So.....I knocked up this little tool to get the old one out and swap it for a black one.

Terry, yes, one is a Jr Gent and the other is the full sized one. However, they are different versions. I 'think' they are both the Ozzy versions.

Attachments

• NEW 024.jpg
    NEW 024.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 147
  • NEW 027.jpg
    NEW 027.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 159
Pens look great Skip!

I never knew that you would stoop down to us mere mortals plain of
existence and use a kit!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Great finish and love the fish scale segments!!!

Andrew

OKLAHOMAN

Skippy, Skippy, this is a sad day for sure to see you come join us mortals (well almost). today after having one of your "kits" hanging in my shop for almost 2 years to see you use one of ours is sad indeed. Your "kit" has been in a place of honor right next to the BLO and over the bushings and will have to be removed is sad, sad, brings tears to my eyes sad.:frown::frown::wink:
DSCN0639.jpg

Damn if he even makes the Chinese kets look great:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.....

workinforwood

I'm kinda ok with speaking french or at least when it's spoke to me I can sorta understand what I'm being told, but I sure can't type it. They look really nice Steve. I like the scallops with the thin metal dividers.

PenPal

Steven,

Two beauts as an observer on the beach would say on a clear day at Brighton. Both have nice features.

Impressed to tell you of size of nib comparison, newly married I scooped my wife into my arms at age 20 yrs walked her across the threshold. Now I was 13 stone and she was a svelt
6 stone 7lbs, I was 6foot 2inches tall she 5ft 1 1/2inches tall. Now I made it with effort SWMBO said I can do that picked me up and walked me to another destination easily. Thus disproving the myth surrounding the gentle sex for me forever.

In case you think I married a weightlifter a pic of us enclosed after twenty years of marriage me and TLOFML, i had grown a beard for a few months.

Skippy love your innovation, special insight in these two pens.

Top regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0008 [400x600].JPG
    DSCF0008 [400x600].JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 128

philb

Great looking pen Skip!

Really like the scallops, looks like you've been playing with new tools again! Cut on a saw, or some crazy lathe contraption?
Love how you made an extraction tool aswell!! Genius!

PHIL

Can someone show me or tell me how to get the scalloped ? design. I have seen it a few times and would like to do it but cannot see it in my head what it would look like on an unturned blanks.

LEAP

......... Hers would have looked a little nicer with the black threads ............

Phil, I swear that my wife just said the exact same thing!!!!:eek:
She reckoned ( correctly, obviously :redface:)that there needed to be some black between the pink and the gold nib.

NOW, they are perfect! Missus Skip obviously has good taste (in pens at least)

MartinPens

What a great pair of pens. My mind went straight to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. And I would love an explanation on how the disassembly mechanism works.
I don't want to show my drooling too much... but your pens are in a class of their own. Inspiring. thanks
Martin

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Merci beaucoup......( I can't speak French either, I just liked the male / female phrase:wink::biggrin:)

And I would love an explanation on how the disassembly mechanism works.

Martin, this is really just a simplified version of this gadget. The one in the tutorial springs open once pushed through the coupler. This quick and dirty one simply sits off-centre enough to do the same thing, albeit on only about half the edge of the coupler. As I had only recently pressed the coupler in, I knew that it wouldn't need the fancier one to get it out.
The fact that I couldn't find the fancy one also had a lot to do with it!!:redface:

Charlie.....you are showing your age again:tongue:

Thanks all:biggrin:

PenMan1

Skip:
Isn't it time for you to post a real stinker? After looking at all of the beautiful pieces that you make, it's really hard to feel good about my work! I think we'd all feel better if we could just somehow believe that sometimes you make one that scares small children and clowns:).

Seriously, the more I look at this pair, the more I like them!

Top Bottom