Macro-Molecular Metal Damascus Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tanner

Tanner

I know, it's M3, I just thought Macro-Molecular Metal sounded more interesting. Took it down with three files each one a lighter cut than the one before. Then I went straight to the skew. I had to sharpened the skew four times on the Jet Slow Speed Wet Sharpener. Then I used Abranet 180 then 400 then into MM up to 12,000. Then I used 2 coats each of Nuvite C, S and Metal Armor. I thought it may need a little something extra so I finished it with two coats of TSW.

92710_Baron%20Blk%20Ti%20M3%20Damascus%20Steel%203.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Steven, it weighs right at 2.0 oz. I have a Molten Metal closed end Baron and it weighs 1.6 oz. I also weighed a wood/PR Baron that has the end cap on, and it weighs 1.4 oz. It is a little heavier than the others; however it does not feel much different when writing.

mick

Tanner thats real cool, perfect look, perfect shape, I wanna try one but the price tag keep pushing me away! Maybe someone will run a group buy....:D

Tanner

Thanks again everyone. Karl, I thought about a custom finial, since how to do that that was just shown. Then I was thinking it just needs black to bring out more of the black swirls, so I just left it, as that was already provided. Thank God as I would have screwed that up.[:0]

Yeah Mike this was a group buy blank. The other I have should look the same as I can real nice black swirls along the blank and the end grain. I thought it would be harder, but with the files it went pretty smooth.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Very nice pen and a good job of photographing a very difficult subject. I find the flare from the upper coupler a bit distracting and that gives it a bit of a club-like appearance for the lower section. Perhaps a bit more subtlety on the lower barrel and a little more taper would also make it a lighter pen. At 60+ grams, it would not be my choice for an all-day writer.

Top Bottom