Machine gun cartridge pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from devowoodworking

Hi all, I finally got to putting together the 50 cal. cartridge pen kits that I got from Daniel, thanks buddy! They make for very cool pens eh?:biggrin:
As always, thanks for the comments:cool:

Attachments

• 50caliber.jpg
    50caliber.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
We need to get together so you can show me this one in person.

Absolutely, there's three of us, (along with Darrell Eisner 'scotian 12') we're pretty close to having our own Halifax chapter:eek::biggrin: Three bluenoser's together...nothing good can come from that:biggrin:

Last edited:

Daniel

Nice job John, and glad to see they made it all the way up north without to much delay.
I actually have one of these standing next to my computer. it is what I use every day. it is a surprisingly good writer.
On the polishing note. I got a sample of Micro Mesh MX that I had forgotten about. I ran across it in my search fro things to try and polish this brass with. and it actually does a much better job. any future brass will be done with it and it is really helping with the small scratches issue.
MM-MX runs from there grading 60 to 1200 in I think 13 different grits. this is equal to 240 grit sandpaper up to well over 1500 grit. and it is made to do a better job on metal. I woudl do a group buy on them but anyone can get the same deal I do by just ordering it directly from Microsurfaces.com. I just ordered a set and a polishing cloth. shipping was a bit much at over $12.00 for an order that will fit in an envelope. but whatcha gonna do?
Anyway for those that bought several of these kits the MX set might be worth getting to get a real good shine on them.

Daniel

My kits are strictly cigar pen style. and I recently discovered a real good reason to do that. drilling a 7mm hole for the slim line tube would not remove all the lead from the bullet. I thought this out enough recently when working on some other types of bullets. so far the only bullet i have found that does a good lead free job is the tracer round with a cigar kit. Drilling a 7mm blind hole into lead is no picnic either. I don't think I'll be trying it again any time soon.

Great 50 Cal. Did you put the cross refill or the parker refill in it?:good:

Top Bottom