MacBook pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

Okay, so it has been forever since I've posted anything due to my work schedule. After two weeks in Russia I had a week of down time before heading to Asia on a trip and between yard work, classes, and family time I found an hour to turn this aluminum body on the metal lathe. I hit it with some steel wool to give it that brushed look. Nothing over the top, but I was happy to slap it together.

9905621783_ae16849e78_z.jpg

Enjoy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Don't let Tim Cook or his legal staff see this ; >). Actually, that is one cool pen. I really like the Liberty kit.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

alphageek

Former Moderator
Don't let Tim Cook or his legal staff see this ; >). Actually, that is one cool pen. I really like the Liberty kit.

Very sharp pen!!

(but its not a liberty kit... its a Virage - I can tell right away by the roller on the clip).

wiset1

Thanks guys. Not exactly a smart pen, but this will become my daily pen and that's saying a lot since I don't really use my own pens. I tend to give most away as gifts to my fellow Soldiers and have only sold a couple in an attempt to keep this more about fun than anything else.

wiset1

Very sharp pen!!

(but its not a liberty kit... its a Virage - I can tell right away by the roller on the clip).

This was actually the "Princeton" Pen Kit bought at my local Woodcraft store in Platinum finish

(Buy Princeton Pen Kit Platinum at Woodcraft)

It may be called something else on different sites, but it's a pretty nice little pen that's not overly expensive.

wiset1

Glad to see you found time to put that machine to work! :biggrin:

Enjoy that family time!

Nice pen also!!:wink:

Thanks Fred!

Hope life is treating you and the family well! Missing it yet or are you happy to have it behind you? The Big Blue that is

PTownSubbie

Glad to see you found time to put that machine to work! :biggrin:

Enjoy that family time!

Nice pen also!!:wink:

Thanks Fred!

Hope life is treating you and the family well! Missing it yet or are you happy to have it behind you? The Big Blue that is

Loving it right now! Almost a month of doing what I want to do!!

wiset1

Thanks everyone! And yes Jonathon, I still know where my shop is...it's the thing I have to walk through to get into my house, ha ha ha. Makes me sad just seeing all those tools just sitting there, but one of these days I'll get some free time...maybe when the government shuts down, ha ha ha. Okay, gotta get ready for my trip to Asia tomorrow.

wiset1

Could you turn that aluminum on a wood lathe with normal wood tools? Ive been debating trying with some rod i see at the hardware store

I don't see why not, in fact I want to say that I've seen others do this on a wood lathe and post here on the IAP. I've done quite a few with aluminum accents on the wood lathe before, but just wanted to use my metal lathe that day.

Top Bottom