Macadamia Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
This is a Macadamia from Kalai with a Copper Cigar from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods . I had kind of a tough time with this one , as the wood has soft & hard places in it . And it's my first Mac . The finish is not all that great , but the grain is so nice , I wanted to post it anyway ! MM to 12000 , four coats CA/ BLO , Three coats Ren ,wax . Coments , suggestions , welcome . Thanks

20084624833_IMG_0063.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
WOWEE! That is some cool looking wood! It's like lacewood on acid. heh

I'm glad you posted it, I've not paid attention to macadamia before, aside from eating the nuts and cookies. heh

Sfolivier

It does look like some lacewood and not really like the couple of macadamia blanks in my garage. Are you sure about the blanks? It looks gorgeous anyway!!!

Dan_F

Looks great, I have a few of those mac blanks, but haven't turned any yet. It does appear a bit darker than mine.

I think if you either left a little more mass on the top near the finial (broader shoulder), or trimmed down the lower barrel, it would be visually more balanced. Just my opinion though.

Dan

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Here is a piece of the blank I cut off . Chris has marked it " mac Nut" . I have no reason to question him . I agree it is darker than it was in raw form . I think the BLO had everything to do with it turning darker . Maybe should have gone straight CA . This is the only Mac nut blank I had . Dan if you wouldn't mind , if you turn your blank , try just CA & let me know how it turns out ?
Dan , what I failed to mention , is , I turned this pen with a new Spindle Master tool . This is the 2nd pen I've turned with it . It really works great . It's taking some getting used to . Karl , can you send me some of those cookies ?
Thank you guys for the help ! [8D]

20084664344_IMG_0064.jpg

Top Bottom