M3 White Mokume Panache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MHKogan

MHKogan

I made this one as a gift for my 13 year old nephew. I am looking for feedback on the new M3 White Mokume Metal as well as the Panache kit.

White%20Mokume%20Panache%20w%20Box&Inserts.jpg

Mike
www.MetalPenBlanks.com

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

The pen is outstanding. I really like the look of the Mokume Metal. I'm not a big fan of the Panache. I think it's a very classy looking pen, but I would never have one for personal use. A personal thing. I'm sure your nephew will love it.

redfishsc

I didn't know I was your nephew!

That is some pretty stuff you have there. I really like it on the Panache, it shows off the patterns really well.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Beautifully shows off the blank, texture/patterning. I like it! It looks great with the Panache kit. Some things just need to have that extra "room" to show it off well. I'm sure he will love it!

Where did you find a box for a Panache? Or did you make it yourself?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
You've done a beautiful job! The Panache is ok, but I find it advantageous to "craft your own" by creating your own sizes and custom bushings. That way you can use whatever rollerball, ballpoint or fountain pen "chassis" you prefer.

marcruby

Nice Job

Really impressive. I like your interpretation of the panache shape, which isn't as overstated as some I've seen. And the blank is exquisite. I would definitely like a few. PM me if they're available please.

Wait, I found your offer. My order is on its way.

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

My wife has a eyebrow pencil that looks like that!
Just not a Panache lover!
Would like to see it on a Gent or Statesman.

Darley

You've done a beautiful job! The Panache is ok, but I find it advantageous to "craft your own" by creating your own sizes and custom bushings. That way you can use whatever rollerball, ballpoint or fountain pen "chassis" you prefer.

Dito for this, I don't use the end bushers any more like Lou say try to change the rollerball by the Jr Statesman FP nib same thread, Panache as a close end pen is good too

I've been thinking about taking advantage of the group buy for the m3 blanks this month. I'm a bit afaraid that they'd sit on a shelf for awhile until I was confident enough in my abilities before I tried turning one.

That Pen is beautiful!! Someone sure has a cool uncle.

Personally, I like the panache. I like just about anything that's a bit different and makes people want to pick it up and look at it. You've definitely achieved that. Nice work.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Here I thought my "uncle Mike" had passed.

You misspelled "Hogan" though
(See that was MY uncle Mike's last name)

OK, it WAS a stretch.

I like the material, Mike. The Penache, well, I made two.

MHKogan

Wow, I can't thank you all enough for all of the wonderful and insightful feedback.

If I was to make one without the end bushings then what mandrel do you recommend?

Thank you,
Mike

Top Bottom